Here is a list of what to bring to your stay at Glen Oaks Hospital:
- Three changes of comfortable clothing (we have laundry facilities, if needed)
- Basic hygiene products
- A list of your current medications. Please do not bring actual medications unless you are asked to do so. Only medications prescribed at the time of discharge will be returned to the patient; all others will be destroyed.
- If you use tobacco products, you should bring enough for the duration of your stay. Please note that only unopened, commercially manufactured tobacco products are allowed. An electronic lighter is provided for you in the designated smoking area so you may not keep matches or lighters.
- If you have a legal guardian, please bring a copy of the paperwork for your medical record. Bring a list of your current medications.
- All valuables such as purses, wallets, checkbooks, money, credit/debit cards, all IDs, jewelry and other items of value should be sent home with the family.
Glen Oaks Hospital will not be responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged valuables that patients choose to keep.
Please leave the following items at home:
- Any metal objects, including disposable razors, car keys, mirrors, glass bottles, pocket knives, wire coat hangers, anything with straps or belts or glass.
- Portable TVs, radios, CD players or iPods, curling irons, hair dryers, electric razors with cords, alarm clocks.